St Jude's Music Association Inc.
ABN 70 841 011 260
The Association is included on the Register of Cultural Organizations by the Commonwealth Department of Communications, Information Technology and the Arts (DCITA) and its Public Fund is able to receive tax-deductible donations to fulfill the Association's objects.
The Association has a sub-group: The Southern Highlands Opera Appreciation Group (SHOAG).
The Association also sponsors the St Jude's Singers, the Highlands Sinfonia and the annual Bowral Autumn Music Festival.
For further information about SHOAG visit their website by clicking:
Mr Donald McDonald AC
The Rev. Stephen Fifer President (ex officio)
Mr Peter Evans Vice President (ex officio)
Prof Keith Huxham Hon Treasurer
Dr Allan Beavis, OAM Public Officer
Mr David Allen
Mrs Margaret Chambers, OAM
Ms Roma Dix, OAM
Mr Christopher Harris
Ms Sue Hawick, AM
Mr Eng-juay Sng
Mr Colin Stamm
The St Jude's Music Association was established on 5 September 2001.
The objects of the Association are to promote the performance of quality music within the Southern Highlands of NSW by:
1. sponsoring public recitals and concerts in the Anglican Church of St Simon and St Jude, Bowral (St Jude’s);
2. raising funds for the maintenance and development of the organ in St Jude’s;
3. providing scholarship funding for the training of organists resident in the Southern Highlands;
4. purchasing musical instruments and/or scores for the use of music ensemble that regularly perform in the Southern Highlands; and
5. conducting any other activities that will support the public performance of music in the Southern Highlands.